This article will provide an in-depth review and comparison of the best PTZ cameras on the market. We will discuss and review the AVKANS NDI PTZ Camera, the FoMaKo PTZ Camera, the TONGVEO 20X Optical Zoom PTZ Camera, and the REOLINK 4K Wired WiFi Outdoor Camera. Additionally, we will include a buyer’s guide and a FAQ section to help guide you in making the best purchase. Finally, we will conclude with a summary of all the products discussed.
Table of Contents
PTZ Camera Reviews
1. AVKANS NDI PTZ Cameras
The AVKANS NDI PTZ Camera is an official NDI product, allowing for real-time live stream and broadcast. It is equipped with a 1/2.7 inch Panasonic CMOS image sensor, 30X full glass optical zoom lens, and 1080P video resolution up to 60 fps. The camera offers simultaneous 3G-SDI, HDMI, and IP streaming video outputs, which are compatible with popular video production and conference software such as vMix, OBS, Zoom, and Skype. It also features Power Over Ethernet (802.3af/at) support, allowing the camera to be powered, controlled, and previewed with just one ethernet cable. Additionally, the camera can be used with the AVKANS Super Joystick Controller for multi-camera video production. This camera is ideal for live streaming and video production for churches, events, sports, hospitals, worship, and studios. It also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and lifetime product support.
- HD quality video indoors
- 30x zoom
- SDI/HDMI/IP outputs
- NDI approved by Newtek
- Easy to install
- Good value for money
- Versatile and pro-level quality
- Excellent alternative to more expensive brands
- Great alternative to name-brand PTZ cameras
- No exposure compensation for outdoor use
- Video quality issues may arise when used outdoors
- Supportive staff may be required to resolve technical issues
2. FoMaKo PTZ Camera HDMI 30x Optical Zoom 3G
The FoMaKo PTZ Camera is a perfect HD PTZ camera for church services, broadcasts, events, education, etc. It’s a 30X optical zoom camera with HDMI, 3G-SDI, and IP video outputs, and supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) for powering and control. It also supports H.264/H.265 encoding for smooth and clear video streaming even under low bandwidth conditions. The camera has a 1/2.8 inch CMOS sensor with 2.07MP resolution and a true-to-life color representation. It has adjustable P/T/Z speed and can be connected to a Blackmagic device. It also supports multi-camera video streaming and connection to a Macbook with an HDMI Cable and HDMI to USB converter. The camera menu features a P/T/Z menu, where the user can adjust the speed, zoom speed, and even preset the PTZ speed. It also features a FoMaKo KC-608 IP PTZ Camera controller for easy and professional control of the PTZ camera, such as pan, tilt, zoom, focus, backlight, presets, and more. The camera comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year limited warranty for peace of mind.
- Rated 5 of 5 stars with excellent reviews
- Improved church live stream by 75%
- Easy to control and set up
- Quality optical capture
- Wider FOV available
- 5-star tech support
- Works with security spy software
- Reasonable price for outstanding features
- Great customer service
- Difficulty figuring out how to use with live streaming until video card is attached
- Zoom is slow when retrieving presets
- Image quality may not meet professional standards for some users
3. TONGVEO 20X Optical Zoom PTZ Camera
The TONGVEO 20X Optical Zoom PTZ Camera is ideal for streaming church and worship services, tele-education, lecture capture, webcasting, tele-training, and telemedicine. It features a crystal-clear HD1080P image with a 20X optical zoom lens and a 55.5° FOV wide-angle. The superior white balance and exposure mode make the video more vivid. It moves very quickly from one preset to another and can be controlled remotely with a 350° pan and 90° tilt. The transmission distance is up to 320 feet (100m). Installation is fast with easy plug and play; no time is wasted, as it is automatically recognized by the computer without the need to install drivers. It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7/8/8.1, and 10, Mac 10.4 or higher, and laptops, LCDs, and monitors. It is compatible with any online conferencing software, including Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Team, GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, etc. It includes a DC 12V power adapter, an IR remote control, a manual, a USB 2.0 cable, and brackets and screws. It is available to install on a desk, monitor, wall, tripod, or up-side-down in-ceiling. It comes with a three-year warranty and a customer service team to answer your questions within 24 hours.
- 20x optical zoom for sharp and crisp image quality
- Quiet operation, good image quality
- Works with Zoom, Skype, and OBS
- Presets for easy camera setup
- Bluetooth mic/speaker included
- Good price for the features
- Smooth zoom, great picture quality, and quickly finds faces
- HDMI PTZ camera with USB output
- Remote control is not very sensitive and slow in reacting
- Presets can be unreliable
- No internal mic to pick up sound
- Not as easy to set up as advertised
- Pan and tilt too fast, making small adjustments difficult
- Autofocus started having trouble after 3 months
- Microphone doesn’t pick up all conversations in a small conference room
- Limited to being located near laptop to use it
- No software to control pan or tilt on PC/MAC
- Image is too dark and not high resolution
4. REOLINK 4K Wired WiFi Outdoor Camera
The REOLINK 4K Wired WiFi Outdoor Camera has a lot to offer in terms of security and convenience. It is equipped with an 8MP dual lens and a 360° PTZ camera with auto tracking. It also has a 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi to allow for smart person and vehicle detection. Furthermore, it has a 6X hybrid zoom and color night vision, as well as TrackMix WiFi.
The camera supports up to 256GB of micro SD card storage, as well as FTP and Reolink NVR for storage. It also has a flexible field of view, with a wide-angle lens providing 104°-38° horizontal and 60°-21° vertical viewing angles. It can pan 355°, tilt 90°, and track objects at a distance of 50ft during the day and night.
The camera also has smart person/vehicle alerts and pet detection, which allow you to keep an eye on cats and dogs in addition to people. It can also auto zoom and auto track objects with its dual telephoto lens and 360° wide-angle PT lens.
In terms of security, the camera has secure data encryption, as well as 2.4/5 GHz dual-band WiFi. It also allows for real-time two-way talk, with a built-in mic and speaker, and also allows users to customize the device with their own voice.
The REOLINK 4K Wired WiFi Outdoor Camera is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality security camera with a wide range of features. It has a lot to offer in terms of security, convenience, and flexibility, and is sure to be a great addition to any home or business.
- Easy setup
- Dual lens with 6x hybrid zoom
- Color night vision
- Smart person/vehicle detection
- Sound quality is unusually good
- No cloud subscription required
- Good picture quality at short range
- Compatible with multiple devices
- No need for a cloud subscription
- No auto-renewal subscription
- No need for POE device
- White LED light set to come on upon motion
- Good customer support
- Limited instructions
- Plastic mounting bracket
- Poor picture quality at a distance
- Not suitable for foggy conditions
- Motion detection broken
- Scene mode needs work
- Hybrid zoom is digital
- Not enough resolution to read license plates
- AC power required to operate
- Screws are too tight to remove the MicroSD card slot
- Difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi
- Large bundle of cables out of camera not mentioned
5. Logitech PTZ Pro 2 USB HD 1080P Video Camera
The Logitech PTZ Pro 2 USB HD 1080P Video Camera for Conference Rooms is an ideal product for a multitude of professional video applications. It offers a range of features that make it an attractive choice for businesses, including a brilliant image resolution, outstanding color reproduction, and an advanced 10x HD zoom system. The camera also features a wide field of view, allowing users to clearly see everyone in the conference room. Additionally, the PTZ Pro 2 features advanced camera technology that processes video within the camera, resulting in a smoother video stream and freeing up bandwidth for other applications. The camera is also compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, as well as macOS 10.10 and higher. This makes it a suitable choice for businesses of any size. All in all, the Logitech PTZ Pro 2 USB HD 1080P Video Camera is an excellent choice for those looking for an all-in-one video conferencing solution.
- Rated 5 of 5 stars – great camera with clear pictures and automatic adjustable lighting
- Manual zoom and 180-degree adjustable direction along with adjustable height
- Universal compatibility and great picture (wide view) and sound quality
- Plug and play setup with USB to laptop
- Simple set up
- Finnicky to steer
- Struggles with color and no driver option to mount upside-down
- Disappointing for the price and promise
The purchase of a PTZ camera can be a complex endeavor. To make sure you get the best camera for your needs, here are some tips to consider before you buy.
First, consider the type of camera you need. If you plan to use the camera for live streaming, a PTZ camera with an IP output may be the best choice. If you’ll be using the camera for security, opt for a camera with a wide field of view and a high-resolution image sensor. You’ll also want to consider the camera’s zoom capabilities and whether it has any special features such as autofocus.
Next, think about your budget. PTZ cameras vary in price and features, so it’s important to compare different models and pick the one that fits your budget.
Third, consider the installation process. Some cameras are easier to install than others, so if you’re not tech-savvy, you may want to go with a more user-friendly model. Additionally, if you plan to install the camera outdoors, make sure it’s weatherproof and can withstand extreme temperatures.
Finally, think about any accessories you may need. Many PTZ cameras come with all the necessary accessories, but if you plan to use a microphone or lighting for your setup, you’ll want to make sure the camera you choose is compatible with those pieces.
By considering these factors, you can ensure you get the best PTZ camera for your needs. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s a good idea to read reviews from other customers to get an idea of the camera’s performance. With a bit of research, you can find the perfect camera for your needs.
What is a PTZ camera?
PTZ stands for pan-tilt-zoom. A PTZ camera offers users the ability to remotely control the camera and adjust the camera’s angle, zoom, and focus.
What are the benefits of a PTZ camera?
PTZ cameras are ideal for monitoring wide spaces and can easily be adjusted to capture different angles or zoom in on a specific area. They are also great for live-streaming events or capturing action from a distance.
What type of PTZ camera should I buy?
The type of PTZ camera you should buy depends on your needs. For example, if you are looking for a camera to monitor a wide area, you may want to consider a camera with a high zoom range and good low-light performance. If you are looking for a camera for live streaming, you may want to consider an option that offers HD video and multiple outputs.
How do I set up a PTZ camera?
Setting up a PTZ camera is relatively simple. First, you need to connect the camera to your computer or network. You may need to download additional software or drivers if necessary. Once the camera is connected, you can control the camera remotely via the software or app.
Choosing the best PTZ camera for your needs is largely dependent on the specific requirements of your application. The AVKANS NDI PTZ Camera, the FoMaKo PTZ Camera, the TONGVEO 20X Optical Zoom PTZ Camera, the Logitech PTZ Pro 2 USB HD 1080P Video Camera, and the REOLINK 4K Wired WiFi Outdoor Camera are some of the best PTZ cameras on the market. Each of these cameras offers unique features that may be the perfect solution for your needs. Before making your purchase, make sure to consider the cost, the features, the compatibility with your equipment, and the customer support available from the manufacturer.